Thursday, October 22, 2009

12 Mos Checkup

Today we went for his 12 mos appt. He had 3 shots, but I will get to that very short part in a minute. His doc said he is doing very great, and he is very smart. He says that based on his measurements, he is going to be built big and wide and kinda tall. So exactly like his Uncle Brian. Which is GREAT with me, although I will keep him no matter what size. For his measurements, his head circumference is 19'', I guess thats good. He weighs about 24lbs. He lost some weight now that he is crawling around. He is also about 33inc long. Thats really long. During the time we were waiting for the nurse to come in with the shots, carson fell asleep, I thought that would make things easier. I guess I was thinking that he would just doze through all the shots. WRONG MOM!!!! As soon as the lady poked at his little thigh the first time, he woke up faster than I have ever seen. He screamed so loud. Poor baby, and there was still 2 more to go. We finally got thru them all but not w/o a stuggling little boy in my arms. He got a flu shot but the nurse lady said that some kids need 2 vaccines cause 1 isn't strong enough or something like that. So in 1 month we will go back and do this again but only for 1 shot. Then he gets a nice little break from shots. At least till around 16mos. He did very good at the visit today otherwise. My big boy just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I felt the need to buy him some presents today. So we stopped in at Other Mothers and mommy bought him some new clothes. They are AWESOME! He got 2 new jackets, and then a couple of zipup jackets that are really thick and warm, and then just some other tees. Next week our friends Krystal and Kason are going to boise to go to Kidz Again and we are going to get some clothes for the kids. I'm hoping I can find some jeans next week, and a couple of toys. I love you Carson. Your my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment