Saturday, October 17, 2009

FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!

I can't believe I actually have time to sit here and talk about how everything went. I didn't even go to bed last night, I felt like I had no time to waist on getting all the decorating done so all night I stayed up and got a lot done. I wasn't too tired either. The decorating turned out good, I was trying to just keep the house in order. I worked all night on the monkey cupcakes, and well I didn't like the way they turned out too much. We had a pretty good turn out! Lots of people showed up to help carson celebrate his very first birthday. Lots of our friends and their kids came. It was total chaos in the bettis residence, but every minute of it was fun. I got a surprise visit from my sister in Portland, and I haven't seen her in soo long, I have really missed her a lot! The present opening portion of the party, carson didn't seem interested in tearing open the paper, so I had the pleasure of opening everything. It felt like Christmas all over again. But for carson!! :) He got some great gifts from everyone. I took a picture with everything on the table. Some cute clothes, and big new toys, lots of books for him to read to his mommy when he gets older, some tonka trucks, Tennessee Titans football suit set, BSU stuff, blocks, and my favorite, was a suuupper cool 2 in 1 winter coat from the childrens place. It's a fleece jacket inside that is detachable so he can wear it by itself or in with the coat. It's so cute. He got the matching beanie and gloves to complete the outfit. He also got some cords from old navy, and some shoes from there as well, and a shirt and tie also from the childrens place. Everything was just perfect. Food was good, company was great, conversations were flowing...then came the cake part. Carson didn't really put much of a show on, he was very very "gentle" with his monkey cake which was very nice of him, but owell. He did start getting into it at the end, but in the beginning it was a slow go. He is so perfect, and my life feels perfect b/c of him. He has soo many little friends and family that adore him, and love him to pieces. Here are a few pictures, and a video. Enjoy! I decided that I'm definitely not going to skip out on sleep tonight. The house is finally quiet and is clean again, and everything is put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment