Friday, April 17, 2009

6 Month Checkup


So I don't even know where to start. We had his 6mos appt today, and I went in there already knowing how big he would be, cause he's so stinkin heavy to carry around now, so when Doctor Papiez told me he weighed 20lbs and 12 ounces, I was like yea well what else is new. Well he's also 28'' inches long as well. So technically he's only grown 2 inches from his last appt in February. BUT he's gained oh ya know about 4lbs. He weighed only 16lbs in February. I'm sure he will thin out once he gets walkin and movin around, and if not then he can just continue being my little michelin butterball with an infectious laugh. The doctor said everything else looked great, and to introduce a one new food every couple days. Here is a picture while we were waiting in the sea room for his shots. His shots. He normally does real well during them, hardly any flintching. But I guess now that he's older he starts to figure things out, and knows they can sometimes hurt. So he let out the biggest and loudest and most saddest cry. I felt helpless cause I had to kinda be in on it, I had the worst job of having to hold him down across my legs. Well his next appt won't be till around 9-10mos, and shots when he turns 1 so we have a little ways before then.

1 comment:

  1. He's just a healthy little guy!! I hate having to hold Kason down for shots too...its hard Momma!

    ReplyDelete