Friday, August 7, 2009

Carson's first trip to McCall...

We decided to go to mccall to stay a couple days cause we were missing daddy, and he was missing us. We actually stayed in Donnelly where he works, cause they have a condo up there. The weather was definitely not in our favor. It rained a lot! Lots of lightning and thunderstorms, and there lightning is scary. It seems like it always hits right next to you. I had planned to do lots of exploring, but the weather made it hard to even step outside the door. When it did cool off for a few minutes, carson and i jetted of to Mccall, which was only about 15mins or so away. We got hungry so we stopped and ate at the big pancake house. It was good. Carson was being obnoxious in the restaurant, making loud silly sounds. But he was happy, he wasn't fussy so thats good. I gave him little pieces of my toast to keep him quiet while i quickly finished my breakfast. Afterwards, we went downtown and parked the car and went for a stroll. Carson didn't mind at all that I was getting rained on. He was all bundled up and warm in his big soft blankie. We went down by the beach and took some pictures, I dont know how good they will turn out tho since it was really overcast out. We also made a quick stop into the candy store, and got some taffy. Yum yum. After that, we went back to Donnelly where daddy surprised us by being home early from work. Carson and I decided to get back home to our house, so we ended up leaving thursday (yesterday). We were going to stay till today but the weather was yucky. I didn't want to drive in the rain. I ended up driving in it anyway when we left for home. People drive really dangerously over there. Theres lots of corners where you have to slow down to 35mph, and there just cruising around going about 60. There's one part coming out of banks, where there's this narrow bridge and it curves around, and this guy in the other lane, had his entire front tire and back tire in my lane, I don't know how me missed me, i mean, he was soo close to me, I could probably stick my arm out and wrap my arm around him. I'm thankful we didn't get hit, otherwise we would have hit the guardrail and depending on how bad the impact we could have easily flipped into the water. It looked really cold, and we didn't bring swimsuits or life jackets. So we made it back home at about 6, and that was that. I still havent unpacked yet. We might try to go back next week, we hear the weather is nice, so we will see. Maybe we will go back, and i will just leave the bag packed, and I won't have to worry about that part next time. The few pictures I do have will be posted up as soon as i get around to doing it. So it might actually be awhile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment