Monday, June 6, 2011

Daddy's birthday

April, 7th 2011

Well this was one difficult day for us. It was Mikes birthday! He would have been 29years old. And the day before-04/06/11 was 5months anniversary that he has been gone from us. We sure miss him. We went to the cemetary and hung out there for a little while. The brothers and Dave went and hit golf balls off the hill, and it was so nice to watch and be a part of. After that, we went back to Brians house and got some dinner, and had cake. Annie that knows Mike has a bakery in Nampa called Miss Ellie's Cakes--and I had asked her if she could make a Golf cake for Mike, and it turned out so WONDERFUL! So I got plenty of pictures of the cake, and then we also sang to Mike, we sang Happy Birthday! I really wanted to do it, not sure how everyone else felt about it, but I am so glad we did this. I think Carson will be interested in seeing this when he gets older and understands more. I think every year, we will at least light a candle on Mikes birthday, and have Carson blow it out. I think that will be really special.

No comments:

Post a Comment